US 34 and I-25 bridge reconstruction requires off-ramp and I-25 weekend full closures Sept. 24
The Colorado Department of Transportation has reached a major milestone on the new US Highway 34 bridge over I-25. The new portion of the US 34 bridge over I-25 will be tied in to the southbound I-25 off-ramp, Sept. 17 – 20. After the I-25 off-ramp has been tied-in, traffic will shift onto the new bridge, allowing crews to demolish the existing portion of the bridge, Sept. 24 and 25.
Once the existing portion of the bridge has been demolished, crews will begin constructing the second section of the new bridge. The new US 34 bridge will add an additional through lane in each direction, reconfigure the on- and off-ramps and improve pedestrian access.
- Full closure of the southbound I-25 off-ramp to US 34 will take place from 9 p.m., Sept. 17, until 5 a.m., Sept. 20.
- Southbound off-ramp traffic will continue south to Exit 255/Colorado Highway 402 and turn left. Continue to the northbound I-25 on-ramp, and progress to Exit 257/ US 34.
- Full closure of I-25 under US 34 will take place from 9 p.m., Sept. 24, until 9 a.m., Sept. 25, and a full closure of the eastbound US 34 on-ramp to northbound I-25 will take place from 9 p.m., Sept. 24, until noon, Sept. 25.
- Westbound US 34 traffic will be detoured north on I-25 to Exit 259/ Crossroads Boulevard. Turn left on Crossroads Boulevard and then continue south on I-25 to Exit 257/ US 34.
- Eastbound US 34 traffic will be detoured south on I-25 to Exit 255/ CO 402. Turn left on CO 402 and continue north on I-25 to Exit 257/ US 34.
- Northbound I-25 on-ramp traffic will detour east on US 34 to Centerra Parkway. Proceed north on Centerra Parkway to Crossroads Boulevard, go west on Crossroads Boulevard to the northbound I-25 on-ramp.
- Northbound and southbound traffic at I-25 and US 34 will travel up and over the ramps at the US-34 exit
- April, 13 2017
- December, 28 2017
By Shelley Widhalm The Surveyor City Star Brewing emcee Ian Phillips wanted to give the...
- August, 31 2018
Photo by Becky Justice-Hemmann : Michael Martin Murphey performs at...
- February, 08 2018
Guest Columnist Dr. Caroline Creager, PT, DPT The Surveyor February is universally known as the...
- January, 07 2021
Photo by Chris Gischel - Monday, Jan. 4, a male driving a pickup truck had...
- May, 26 2017
By Shelley Widhalm The Surveyor Tori Dellwardt, 17, of Berthoud, is...