Opportunity to run for town board and mayor available now
Want to run for town board or mayor – now is the time
Special to the Surveyor
On April 3, 2018, the Town of Berthoud will be conducting a mail-in-ballot municipal election. This includes three trustee seats and mayor. Each available seat will be for a four-year term.
If you are interested in running for any of the open positions, candidate packets are available in the town clerk’s office. Nomination petitions may only be circulated from Jan. 2 through Jan. 22.
To be eligible to run for elected office you must be a citizen of the United States, be 18 years of age or older, you must currently be registered to vote, and you must be a resident of the Town of Berthoud or of a territory annexed to that ward for at least 12 months immediately preceding the date of election.
To have your name appear on the April 3, 2018, ballot, you will need to:
- Collect ten (10) valid signatures on your nomination petition.
- It is highly suggested to have more than the minimum of 10 signatures, as it is possible not all signatures will qualify.
- All signors must be eligible to vote in the Town of Berthoud.
- Do not separate the pages of your petition.
- Have the Circulator’s Affidavit notarized – Do not have the affidavit notarized until you have finished gathering signatures on your petition.
- Complete the Acceptance of Nomination form.
- Deliver all completed materials to the Town Clerk’s office, 807 Mountain Ave., Berthoud, Colo. 80513, no later than 22, 2018, at 5 p.m.
All campaign finance filings are to be filed with the town clerk.
- First deadline: March 13, 2018
- Second deadline: March 30, 2018
- Final Deadline: May 3, 2018
- Annual reports must be filed if the committee does not expend all funds received.
- For more information, please contact the town clerk: 970-532-2643 OR [email protected]
For more information, including further details on campaign finances, and to verify your voter registration, please visit berthoud.org/departments/administration/town-clerk/elections.
- November, 24 2016
Join 24 businesses in Berthoud for a chance to win $50, $100, or other wonderful...
- March, 22 2018
The Surveyor The Berthoud Weekly Surveyor would like to announce we will be endorsing Will...
- December, 07 2019
Photo by Amber McIver-Traywick - The winner of the 2018 Colorado Snow Sculpting Championship "Guess...
- June, 08 2017
Larry Collins named general manager at TPC Colorado By Dan Karpiel The Surveyor [caption id="attachment_4426"...
- June, 18 2020
By Bob McDonnell The Surveyor Mother’s Day was May 10 and Father’s Day is June...
- June, 07 2018
Special to the Surveyor Fire danger is moderate throughout much of Larimer County at this...
- Trustees pass supplemental budget
- PrairieStar Fifth Filing approved by ...
- Town board work session examines oil ...